May 8, 2009
Jan 12, 2009
To use vairaitions feature of MOSS / WSS for multiple languages you need to install following components in your dev enviornment.
Below is the list of components for english and french. If you need to manage any other langauge then just specify appropiate value for 'displaylang' parameter in URL
Jan 9, 2009
“Chrome release channels” clearly segregate audiences. Now if you are developer you can get weekly updates of chrome, otherwise you can subscribe to monthly updates (beta releases) or quarterly updates (stable releases)
See below screenshot
Dec 23, 2008
Category: visual studio
Nov 3, 2008
Oct 17, 2008
Sep 13, 2008
- Unable to specify config database name when you install MOSS 2007 / WSS 3.0 with help of wizard psconfiggui.exe(that appear just after SharePoint setup, with check box “Run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard”). Configuration database name by default has weird naming convention that is “SharePoint_AdminContent_
”. Typically in SharePoint it’s called configdb.
- Second problem, you are unable to use same database instance for more than one SharePoint farm. Or let’s put in other words, I want to share single SQL server for multiple SharePoint farms (not a best practice but sometimes we have to do :) ).
- Run SharePoint installation (Server type=complete), uncheck “Run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration wizard now”
- Open command prompt Start > run > cmd > cd c:\program files\common files\Microsoft shared\web server extenstions\12\bin
- Type following command (text in red color will be as per your environment, rest all should be as-is)
Aug 25, 2008
Many times BizTalk developer is annoyed by mundane tasks like start/stop/deploy/undeploy/import bindings/host instance restart/terminate instances etc.
Even sometime we miss few task and then struggle why changes are not reflecting in this build.
Here is simple batch file that performs above tasks.
Open deploy.bat and make changes as per your environment.
Supporting files that you should copy in system32 folder
utils.zip (unzip first and copy to system32 folder)
Apr 6, 2008
Lately, my management asked me to review one asp.net application from architecture and design perspective.
As usual, I googled it on how and what should be the overall approach. After half a day research I thought review comments can be grouped in following categories.
1. Code quality
2. Design constraints
3. Performance constraints
4. Duplicate code
Certainly, I concluded report with summary that highlighted most risky components within application and recommendations on how to mitigate risk.
Now, here is the list of tools and articles that I have used to accomplish this task.
1. To start with, this is the best article: Chapter 4 — Architecture and Design Review of a .NET Application for Performance and Scalability
2. Metrics, metrics and more metrics: Gather and understand as much as you can. Ndpend is great tool, initially you will feel slightly uncomfortable with UI and ocean of information it gives. But hang on there and after some time you will find this tool worthy.
3. SourceMonitor is another good tool to understand cyclomatic complexity of application.
4. To know memory leak and slowest lines of code in application use ANTS Profiler.
5. Duplicate code, here is magic wand. “Simian - Similarity Analyser”. You have a liberty to specify number of lines of duplicate code you would like to check(threshold property)
To know recommendations and efforts spent on this activity, leave a comment on this post!
Mar 2, 2008
Here comes Google with its innovative products line and this time it has well targeted Microsoft SharePoint services (more or less same). If your company is not interested in investment and looking for a neat collaboration platform then consider yourself lucky. There are two products namely http://sites.google.com and http://www.google.com/apps
They have some great features like:-
1. Site creation
2. Page creation
4. Upload files
5. Custom list
7. Authorization (contributors, owners, readers)
8. Email Alerts
10. Docs, excel, PowerPoint
12. Instant messaging (IM)
It has a growing number of customer as well, to name few Capgemini, Procter & Gamble, GE, and Salesforce.com